KOSMÉ Paris – A Natural, Luxury Skincare Brand – Launches in The Middle East
New vegan beauty products in the UAE? Yes please!
Ok so as you guys know I am all about finding & sharing natural, vegan beauty products & I am so excited to share KOSMÉ Paris with you.
Founded by Sophie Allouche, KOSMÉ Paris was created to harness the power of natural & organic ingredients, because lets face it – nasty toxins are just not good enough anymore. There are so many reasons why I love this brand, one of them being that they are totally committed to producing preservative, silicone & paraben free products. They are also committed to making sure that the sourcing & production of their amazing products is carried out in a sustainable way – yay!
KOSMÉ Paris use only the most beautiful ingredients – Prickly Pear seed oil, Acai Berry, Babassu Nut butter, Argan oil & Kukui nut oil are just to name a few!
Here are the products I was lucky enough to get my hands on;
- Rose Argan Oil
- Moisturising Scrub with Sea Salt Crystals
- Orange Blossom Floral Water
- Legends Elixir Anti-aging Serum for Face & Neck
I have been using these gorgeous products as part of my beauty routines for just over a week now & it is safe to say I am 100% sold. This is a high-end beauty brand for sure, every single product leaves me with that ‘fresh out the spa’ feeling – who doesn’t want that!? Here is why I am obsessed with these KOSMÉ Paris products;
Rose Argan Oil
This Argan Oil is on the top of my ‘amazing vegan beauty products’ list for a few reasons. Firstly, I am a two-birds-one-stone kind of girl, so the fact that you can use this stuff on both your hair & skin works perfectly for me. Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E, which is known for possessing anti-oxidants so strong it has been known to help with hair regrowth.
How to use it;
- This Rose Argan Oil works as the perfect natural hair mask – apply to dry hair & leave for at least 1/2 hour before rinsing & washing.
- You can also use it as a body oil or even a bath oil – why not add a drop next time you are going for a soak?
Why I love it:
- After using as a hair mask, I was left with a luxurious, silky mane.
- The subtle scent leaves you smelling like a bed of roses & is super relaxing in the bath – zzzzz.
Moisturizing Scrub with Sea Salt Crystals
You guys know I am obsessed with scrubs & taking my scrubbing ritual very seriously – lol. Scrubbing is great way to revitalize by getting rid of dry skin while stimulating blood circulation. This Scrub with Sea Salt Crystals is a three-in-one treatment to exfoliate, purify & nourish the epidermis. Enriched with Apricot Oil, I really haven’t smelt a beauty product quite like it. Apricot Oil contains ‘gamma linoleic acid’ (also known as GLA) which is known for maintaining moisture as well as firming & toning skin.
How to use it:
- Apply twice a week to dry skin (I use it before my shower) with gentle massage movements. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Why I love it:
- The sea salt crystals work perfectly to exfoliate & my skin literally glows after I use it.
- The Apricot Oil smells divine & it really feels like you are having a spa treatment when you use it!
Orange Blossom Floral Water
Floral Water is a new one for me, there has been a lot of hype recently about floral waters so I was interested to see why exactly everyone is obsessing. A by-product of the distillation process that creates essential oils from bitter-orange blossoms, Orange Blossom Water has been used for years in beauty. It is great for toning, soothing & smoothing skin. You guys know I am a total minimalist with my skin care routine (the fewer ingredients/products the better) but this floral water is making the cut for sure.
How to use it;
- Apply in the morning to cleanse & purify the skin in a gentle way, or at night to complete & perfect make-up removal.
Why I love it;
- It leaves my face feeling really refreshed & smelling like I just had a facial in a fancy spa
- It helped calm down my sunburnt face at the weekend!
- Also helped balance general redness
- Relaxing & soothing product to use before bed
- Gives my skin an extra ‘once over’ after removing make up/washing my face
Legends Elixir Anti-aging Serum for Face & Neck
Ok I will admit it, I have started the whole anti-aging-products-please-don’t-let-me-get-wrinkles stuff. The past 6 months or so I’ve started to look at natural ways to fight signs of aging for my face & neck area. Living in a hot country & having so much exposure to the sun, there is a much higher chance of skin aging (tough life I know). Sun exposure is actually the biggest cause of sun damage to the face, resulting in form of wrinkles & hyper-pigmentation. Although there are a lot of vegan anti-aging products in the market, this serum is the only one I have found to be chemical free; 100% natural – preservative, paraben, mineral oil & silicone free.
How to use;
- Apply 3 drops, morning & evening, on face & neck. Gently massage.
Why I love it;
- The formula is based on a precious combination of Prickly Pear seeds, Acaí Berry seeds, & Rose Geranium essential oil.
- My face glows & looks immediately revitalized as soon as I apply the serum.
- Unlike other oil based serum, my face doesn’t look or feel greasy & my skin literally soaks up the serum.
- It smells beautiful!
I am totally in love with this KOSMÉ Paris & recommend these products from the bottom of my heart. Packed with anti-oxidants, it is great to find another beauty brand that actually does what it says on the bottle. All of these products smell beautiful & leave you looking & feeling spa fresh.
Also, if you fancy a bit of pampering, KOSMÉ Paris is available at luxury spas across the UAE, including The Ritz Carlton Du-bai, The Four Seasons DIFC & Imar Spa.
Have any of you guys tried KOSMÉ Paris!? Let me know! Happy pampering – Jess xx
Spice up your life
“You have to taste a culture to understand it” is what they say & after my all my travels so far this year I could not agree more. It doesn’t matter where you go in the world, the food plays a huge part in telling a story.
One of my absolute fav things about India was the food! & lucky for me, apparently over 30% of Indians are vegetarian. Eating vegan was a breeze – just hold back on the cream and the ghee.
From my observations (or just pure nosiness I guess peering over at people cooking where I could), I couldn’t help but feel inspired when I saw how resourceful people were with their food. I was literally eating meals made from a handful of ingredients & if you follow my blog you will know I am a ‘less is more’ kinda girl (when it comes to ingredients obviously).
The great thing about this recipe is you can use any veg you want, I went for the cauliflower because 1. they used it a lot in India & 2. it is super filling.
All you really need for this recipe is some veggies, garlic, tinned tomatoes (or fresh I guess) & some spices. I made a huge pot of this curry & took it in for my lunches for the week, it lasted around 5 days in the fridge & is a seriously cheap eat! Enjoy! Jess xx
PS – If you haven’t had a chance to check out my latest India vlog check it out here!
- 2 cans tinned chopped tomato
- 3 large carrots chopped (or any other veg such as mushrooms)
- 1 can of sweetcorn & 1 can of peas (or 2 cups of mixed frozen veg or other canned/chopped veg)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 3 gloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 large cauliflower (or 2 small)
- 1 tbsp. masala powder
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and boil for around 10 minutes
- In a seperate large pan/pot, saute the onion, garlic & chopped carrots in the coconut oil until the onion browns and the carrots become soft
- Pour in the tins of chopped tomato, add the spices with the sweetcorn/peas & cauliflower
- Simmer for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally before serving - enjoy!
- Add water & stock if you want a thinner curry.
- To thicken it up add flour.
Cause you health is your greatest wealth
Hey guys, good morning & Happy Thursday! I have been totally lacking with the recipe posts (well just posts in general let’s be honest.) Things have been pretty crazy here with course work & I have also been video editing from my trip to India. I was also in Hong Kong for vacation which was amazing – lots of nice veggie options in that part of the world – be sure to get in touch if you want any recommendations!
Anyway I think maybe due to all the craziness, my body is frantically screaming at me ‘OMG will you slow down you crazy so & so’. Now I NEVER get sick, especially since going vegan (& no I am not just saying that lol). But this week I haven’t felt good, just pretty crap in general. I’ve learned from experience that it is super important to listen to your body and take some time off & I am not a very productive person if I don’t feel great.
What you eat plays a huge part in how you feel on a day-to-day basis; it determines how strong your immune system is, how quickly you can fight off infection & sickness when it comes to mess up your life (even when you have a super busy weekend ARGH). One of my absolute fave ingredients as you guys know is Turmeric, especially when I feel bad. This little beauty of a powder is a natural painkiller & possesses an amazing strong anti-oxidant.(Read more about why I am obsessed with Turmeric on my blog post ‘What’s the deal with Turmeric?’)
I chucked some of this super hero powered into my oatmeal yesterday morning & it tasted great & I wanted to share the recipe with you guys. I used 1/2 tbsp. of turmeric, but if you don’t like the taste so much you can add a little less, but I would recommend trying to sweeten it with maple syrup before reducing the turmeric amount. I topped my turmeric oatmeal with powerful little treats including blueberries, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries but you can go with whatever. I hope you guys found this post useful & if you are feeling like crap I hope you feel better soon! Lots of love Jess xx
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of plant milk (I like almond or rice milk for breakfast as they are light)
- 1/2 tbsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup (if you want to sweeten it, try it first)
- Your fav fruits/seeds for toppings - I used blueberries, pumpkin seeds & dried cranberries
- I don't need to tell you how to make oatmeal do I?
Because everyone needs a little pampering now & then right?
Recently I was lucky enough to be invited to the Zayna Spa at the Grand Millennium Hotel here in Abu Dhabi to try out some of their new Elemis treatments (yay!). With Elemis being a cruelty free brand (no animal testing), after a long week it was safe to say I was more than happy to check out the spa.
The spa itself is gorgeous, especially when you first enter, it is very peaceful & has a beautiful zen interior & feel to it. The spa rooms are absaloutly amazing, with plenty of space, nice decor & spacious showers.
Not all of the products by Elemis are vegan, so prior to my visit I contacted Elemis directly who were more than happy to supply me with a list of their non-vegan products (at bottom of the post). The staff at Zayna Spa were very knowledgeable when it came to their products & were more than happy to let me pick out the vegan products from my little list & make swaps where needed.
My pamper session began with a consultation before a (much-needed) full body massage. The consultation felt very personable & I got to customize the massage so to speak by asking the therapist to focus on particular areas. Next we moved onto a facial, which was probably my fav part of the night, purely because the Elemis products left my skin absolutely glowing. I think I am definitely going to buy the flash balm & the toner!
To end my spa treatment, I had a full body scrub with the Elemis Lime Scrub which was great. After showing my skin really did feel silky smooth & I smelled very fresh & citrusy – like a relaxed little margarita – I think I might buy the scrub too – it was just so refreshing.
Both the treatments & the service were great & I really appreciated having a knowledgeable therapist. More often than I would like, I have enquired at other spas about products & ingredients to be told ‘we don’t know’ – it can be a bit of a headache to say the least lol.
So, if you are looking for a vegan (or just a fab) spa treatment I would definitely recommend checking this place out! Happy Monday! Jess xx
Here is a list of Elemis products which are not suitable for vegans:
Thank you for your query with regards to ELEMIS products in relation to ingredients effecting Vegans.
Elemis specialises in natural caring ingredients of the highest quality. We do not use animal derived ingredients, however some of our products do contain ingredients commonly known as animal bi-products; these include Honey, Milk Protein, Milk Lipids, Egg Yolk Protein and Beeswax.
ELEMIS products that contain Honey, Milk Protein, Milk Lipids, Egg Yolk Protein and Beeswax
• Absolute Oxygen Skin Calm Booster Serum (Professional Only)
• Pro-Collagen Quartz Lift Peel off Mask (Professional Only)
• Daily Redness Solution
• Exotic Cream Moisturising Mask
Milk Protein & Milk Lipids:
• Amino Active Mask (Professional Only)
• Lime and Ginger Hand and Body Wash
• Pro-Collagen Lifting Treatment Neck and Bust
• Sharp Shower and Bath Gel
• Skin Nourishing Body Cream
• Skin Nourishing Body Scrub
• Skin Nourishing Hand and Body Lotion
• Skin Nourishing Milk Bath
• Skin Nourishing Shower Cream
• Total Glow Self Tanning Cream
• Wild Lavender Hand and Body Wash
Egg Yolk Protein:
• Absolute Oxygen Skin Calm Booster Serum (Professional Only)
• Absolute Vita C Harmony Booster Serum (Professional Only)
• Soothing Chamomile Cleanser
• Daily Redness Solution
• Lip Revive
• Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
• Pro-Collagen Lifting Treatment Neck and Bust
• Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser
• Skin Buff
• Treat Your Feet Foot Cream
I do hope you enjoy your spa evening and having treatments featuring our products,if you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me further.”
‘I don’t know man.. I just started eating noodles & I was like ‘wow… my problems, where did they just go?’
Hi people & happy Monday indeed. Hope you all had a fab weekend! Me & my boyfriend celebrated our first year together (awww) & had a staycay in Fujairah. We stayed at Le Royal Meridien Al Aqah Resort which I totally recommend & went diving – mind blowing!
Anyway, we loveeee Thai food & a few weeks ago I made this easy vegan pad Thai recipe from scratch with scrambled tofu (which you don’t need to add but it’s so good). The recipe below serves one, just double for 2 & so on.. You can use any veggies you want/have left over – even frozen veg will work.
Enjoy! Jess x
PS – If you haven’t had a chance to yet, check out my latest Ration The Fashion video – I got a sneak peak round My Ex Wardrobe’s warehouse! (They are a fab 2nd hand clothing business in the UAE – you have to see this!)
- 150g of rice noodles
- 1 cup of mixed veggies (I used broccoli, baby corn, snow peas, sliced carrots, chopped mushrooms)
- ¼ white onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil (for sautéing veg, you can use any oil)
- 1 tbsp. of chopped peanuts & 1 tbsp. spring onion for serving (optional)
- 4 oz. of tofu (drained)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp. of vegan soy sauce
- ½ tbsp. of sugar
- 1 heaper tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. of lime juice
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, leave to soak for 2 minutes before draining – set aside.
- In a large wok/pan, sauté the white onion and your mixed veggies of choice in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil until soft
- In a smaller pan, breakdown the tofu and sauté in the rest of the coconut oil with the garlic for around 3 minutes. Mix in the turmeric and curry powder and sauté for another few minutes
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce, then add it to your veggies the rice noodles and your scrambled tofu.
- Stir your pad Thai thoroughly to ensure the sauce & flavours get everywhere
- Serve with the chopped peanuts & spring onion – enjoy immediately!
Renewable, biodegradable & vegan candles – I CAN’T COPE.
Anyone else obsessed with candles?? Obsessed as in you buy new ones when you already have plenty, or obsessed as in you can’t walk past them in the shop with out sniffing every single different scent. Freshly mowed lawns, rose petals, cupcake.. urgh.
Here’s a new one for you – what about candles that smelled like books, fictional worlds & literary characters?? This is what my new fav candle smells like. A soy candle with a bookish smell, what more can a vegan book-worm want!?
These candles are produced by an amazing brand called Frost Beard Studio. A couple in Minnesota & (their love of books & candles) came up with this fantastic idea & the candles have proved to be very popular worldwide.
I have the ‘Don’t Panic’ (Fresh Towels) candle, which smells of fresh linen & green tea – 2 of the best smells EVER. Part of the Book Lovers’ Series, the candle I have has a completely original scent.
Scents: Fresh cotton, Green tea
Materials: Soy wax, Cotton wick, Glass jar, Plastic lid, Dye chips, Fragrance oil
Burn time: approximately 65 hours
Why I am obsessed:
- Soy wax is renewable, biodegradable and vegan.
- All candles are carefully hand-poured in small batches.
- Jars are recyclable and reusable.
- Cotton wicks are lead-free.
Apart from the fact that the by purchasing these candles you are supporting a small business, there are so many reasons why you should stick to soy candles;
1. Soy candles usually burn longer
2. Soy wax is 100% biodegradable
3. If you drip wax everywhere, soy wax is easier to clean
4. The beautiful fragrances are released quicker with soy candles
5. Soy wax is made from natural vegetable products (as opposed to paraffin which is a refined gasoline product)
6. So when you burn a paraffin candle, you are released the same toxins into the air that are found in diesel fuel (gross)
I could sit and roast paraffin all day, there are so many articles online telling you the reasons why you should be avoiding them.
Also, for my UAE vegans, these soy candles do not contain any beeswax. I know there are a few other soy candles for sale through out the region, however these are the first ones I have found to be completely vegan (yay!)
So if you are interested in buying one of these amazing vegan, biodegradable candles just contact The Good Stuff AE for more info or pop in to visit! They stock loads of other really cool stuff – check them out on Instagram & FB.
Let me know if you try them! Happy Thursday people, have a nice weekend! x
“As an enthusiast explorer and stack-er for unique products, I have started this platform to bring to the people in the United Arab Emirates thegoodstuff.
What is thegoodstuff? these are the coolest products you have been seeing floating around the internet and wanted to get you hands on! The products range from popular known brands to geeky gadgets. These products run like the tazmanian devil & sell like hot cakes. These products are tested & trusted & after months of research have been stacked up for you to experience the uniqueness. Trust me This is where theGoodStuff at.
Be the Coolest Owner of Awesome Stuff | Seriously no kiddin” – The Good Stuff